HARRISBURG – State Sen.-elect Lynda Schlegel Culver (R-27) will take the oath of office to become the newest senator representing the 27th District during a ceremony at the Capitol on Tuesday, Feb. 28, at 1 p.m.
Culver won a special election on Jan. 31 to fill the Senate seat vacated by former Sen. John Gordner, who stepped down to accept a position in the office of Senate President Pro Tempore Kim Ward (R-39).
Participants in the ceremony will include:
- Culver, her family and supporters,
- Senate President Pro Tempore Ward,
- Father Paul Donecker, All Saints Episcopal Church, Selingsgrove,
- President Judge Paige Rosini, Northumberland County Court of Common Pleas, and
- Republican and Democrat members of the state Senate.
Media Contact: Sean Moll